Let Parker Lipman Fight for Your Rights in Bad Faith Insurance Claims
Has your insurance claim been unfairly denied or delayed? At Parker Lipman, our skilled attorneys have experience working with insurance companies to seek justice for our clients. We understand how bad faith insurance claims and high-dollar insurance disputes can result in significant losses for you. A bad faith insurance claim arises when an insurance carrier fails to meet its obligations to policyholders. Such obligations include promptly investigating and settling insurance claims, communicating with the insured, explaining policy terms, and affirming or denying coverage within a reasonable timeframe. The Denver bath faith insurance claims attorneys at Parker Lipman will go above and beyond to help you bring a claim against the insurance carrier and potentially obtain more compensation. Our legal team will fight for your rights and hold insurance companies accountable to fulfill their obligation to you.
Contact us at (720) 408-6840 today for help navigating this complex legal process.
What is a Bad Faith Insurance Claim?
Bad faith conduct can include failing to investigate a claim, unreasonably denying claims, or offering unacceptably low settlement offers. In Colorado, for instance, this can lead to three types of claims against the insurance carrier: breach of contract, statutory bad faith, and common law bad faith. In some cases, policyholders may be able to sue their insurance carriers for failing to pay their insurance claim, either for breach of contract or for bad faith.
Where to Start When Handling a Hail Damage Bad Faith Insurance Claim?
If you believe your hail damage claim has been wrongly denied, delayed, or underpaid, you might have a bad faith insurance claim.
Here's what you can do:
- Document Your Claim: Keep a detailed record of all communications with your insurance company, including dates, times, and the content of conversations.
- Consult with an Attorney: Seek advice from an attorney with experience handling bad faith insurance claims. They can review your case and guide you on the next steps.
- File a Lawsuit: If your attorney believes you have grounds for a lawsuit, they can help you file a claim in court against your insurance carrier.
Under Colorado law, specifically C.R.S. § 10-3-1116(1), an insured individual may be eligible to receive triple the amount of damages, including attorney fees and costs, if their insurance carrier behaves unjustly. This compensation can encompass twice the benefit covered under the policy and damages resulting from a breach of the insurance contract. Navigating through the process of a bad faith insurance claim can be complex and stressful. However, with the right legal assistance and understanding of your rights as a policyholder, you can hold your insurance company accountable and seek the compensation you deserve.
Get in Touch Today
Fill Out the Form Below to Get Started
Our elite team handles all types of personal injury and deaths caused by corporate and individual negligence, such as the following:
- Brain injury. These are commonly the result of traffic accidents involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, and pedestrians; lack of oxygen during medical procedures, as well as sports-related injuries; and falling objects. While the brain has an incredible capacity to heal itself, some injuries are permanent and render the injured person unable to function as they did before.
- Spinal cord injury. Like brain injuries, these can be catastrophic, requiring extensive medical care, and may result in permanent disability.
- Medical malpractice. Preventable medical errors are a leading cause of death and injury in the United States.
- Motor vehicle collisions. These are the most common causes of negligence-based accidents resulting in every imaginable type of injury, both temporary and permanent.
- Injuries to children. Whether taking place at school, in daycare, or some other environment, your child’s future may be harmed by any type of accident or incident in which adults were negligent or at fault.
- Serious personal injury. Injuries which permanently impair a function of the body and cause tens of thousands of dollars of medical treatment and therapies.
- Sexual assault. Property owners, employers, and business owners who negligently hire or retain rapists, or who provide the opportunity for sexual assault, or who fail to safeguard the vulnerable in their care, can in some instances be held liable.
- Abuse in schools and sports. Children, teens, and adults at schools or on sports teams may be victims of abuse by coaches, teachers, and others against whom they may bring injury claims.
- Skier-vs-skier (or snowboarder) collisions. When an out-of-control skier causes serious injury or death, they can be held liable. In most cases, homeowners insurance covers those responsible for injuries on the slopes.
- Trucking collisions. Tractor-trailers and other large vehicles can cause massive damage due to their weight and longer stopping distance.
- Wrongful death. Spouses, parents and children of those wrongfully killed can bring suit to hold the wrongdoer accountable and to recover damages associated with their loss.
- The Colorado Candor Act. We help clients use this confidential process to learn what went wrong during their medical care or procedure. Health care providers can offer compensation through this process, thereby avoiding the stress and anxiety associated with a traditional medical malpractice lawsuit.
We will present options to achieve your goals and tailor the case strategy to meet your needs. Give your problems to us and let us take it from there. You will have the personal attention of lawyers who have many years of experience obtaining superior results for clients. We will keep you informed every step of the way, never losing sight of what matters to you.
If I ever had a case that needed attention, Dan and Lorraine would be my first call, because I know that I can trust them.
“Professionally, I work with a large percentage of the Personal Injury attorneys in Colorado. Every single one of them knows, respects, trusts, and speaks highly of, Dan and Lorraine. They both have decades of experience, are leaders in the field of law, an”Jordan C.
Empathetic, reasonable, humble, and clearly an expert Alex R.
I am thrilled with the settlement that I got.
“From the moment I heard Attorney Koupal’s voice and heard his recommendations for my case, I knew that not only does he have integrity, but that he would go the extra mile for me as his client.”E.M., Former Client
- A Track Record of Success
- Backed by Decades of Experience
- Award-Winning Attorneys
- Individualized Attention