Denver Truck Accident Lawyers
Put 100+ Years of Combined Experience in Your Corner
Large commercial trucks travel through Colorado every day carrying goods and products into and out of the state. These trucks include 18-wheelers, big rigs, semi-trucks, tankers, and more that can weigh up to 80,000 pounds and extend 70 feet in length.
Their massive size and weight make them difficult to maneuver and hard to stop. With large blind spots, their drivers may not see certain traffic behind them. All of these factors add up to a greater risk of accidents.
Unfortunately, if you are involved in a crash with a large truck as a driver or passenger in a car, SUV, or light pickup, your chances of serious or catastrophic injuries or death are significantly higher than the risk for the truck driver.
Why Truck Accidents Are More Complex
Truck accidents are more complicated than other traffic crashes for several reasons. One of those reasons is that multiple parties may be liable.
These parties could include:
- The truck driver. While professionally trained, the driver may have been fatigued, distracted, in violation of traffic law, such as speeding, or impaired by drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company. The company may be guilty of poor or inadequate training of drivers, in violation of federal trucking industry regulations, such as allowing drivers to drive beyond hours of service mandated by law.
- The shipping company. Their employees may have improperly or insecurely loaded cargo.
- The truck maintenance company. The truck may have been poorly maintained making it unsafe for long-distance travel.
- The truck manufacturer. This company could be responsible for defective components, such as brakes, tires, etc. that could result in accidents.
As mentioned above, the trucking industry is subject to state and federal rules and regulations. Among these regulations are hours of service mandates that prohibit drivers from exceeding the rules for how long they drive without breaks or time off. These issues as well as many others that could fall under the responsibility of the parties above must all be investigated.
Another complicating factor is the actions trucking companies and their insurers will take to avoid payouts. When a truck accident occurs, these companies often send crews immediately to the site of the accident in an effort to protect themselves from liability. As a result, evidence may be covered up or disappear, putting your claim at risk of being discounted or denied.
Furthermore, well-funded insurance companies have their own teams of lawyers whose sole job is to reduce their employer’s liability. Without a tough and experienced lawyer on your side, you can be outsmarted and outmaneuvered by their legal tactics. However, with our team’s representation, you will have the benefit of our extensive experience and skills in fighting for you. We will act quickly, make our own exhaustive investigation, thoroughly prepare your case, and aggressively negotiate for an optimum result.
As in other personal injury cases, you may be entitled to recover compensation for:
- Past medical expenses
- Ongoing and future medical expenses
- Rehabilitation through various therapies
- Expenses related to any home care or vehicle accommodations
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Disfigurement or permanent disability
- Loss of consortium
Common Injuries from Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can result in serious injuries due to their sheer size and weight. While the severity of injuries can vary depending on the circumstances of each accident, there are common injuries individuals may suffer from if they are in a truck accident:
- Head and brain injuries: Symptoms may include loss of consciousness, headaches, memory loss, and difficulty concentrating.
- Neck injuries: Whiplash is a common neck injury that can occur when someone's head and neck are rapidly jerked back and forth.
- Back injuries: Injuries such as herniated discs or spinal cord damage, may also occur in a truck accident. These injuries can cause chronic pain and limited mobility.
- Broken bones: The impact of a truck accident can cause fractures in various parts of the body, including the arms, legs, ribs, and pelvis. These injuries can be extremely painful and may require surgery and extensive rehabilitation.
- Internal injuries: In a truck accident, the force of impact can cause damage to internal organs. These injuries can be life-threatening and require immediate medical attention.
- Burns: Truck accidents may involve fire, which can result in severe burns. Burns can cause significant physical and emotional scarring and may require ongoing treatment and therapy.
- Psychological injuries: Truck accidents can be traumatic events that may cause individuals to experience post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, depression, and other psychological conditions
Don't wait to get help. Contact our firm today at (720) 408-6840 to schedule a free consultation with a member of our team.
Let Our Team Handle Your Case With Confidence
Large commercial trucks travel through Colorado every day carrying goods and products into and out of the state. These trucks include 18-wheelers, big rigs, semi-trucks, tankers, and more that can weigh up to 80,000 pounds and extend 70 feet in length. Their massive size and weight make them difficult to maneuver and hard to stop. With large blind spots, their drivers may not see certain traffic behind them.
All of these factors add up to a greater risk of accidents. Unfortunately, if you are involved in a crash with a large truck as a driver or passenger in a car, SUV, or light pickup, your chances of serious or catastrophic injuries or death are significantly higher than the risk for the truck driver.
Truck accidents are complex matters and, if you are injured in such a collision, you will need a knowledgeable and experienced personal injury lawyer to maximize your compensation in a claim or lawsuit.
At Parker Lipman, our Denver and Colorado truck accident attorneys are well-known and respected for their extensive track record of success in personal injury cases. We will investigate every detail of your accident to gather and preserve evidence that puts you in the strongest legal position possible. That gives you the best chance of an optimum result when we negotiate a settlement on your behalf. Where a fair and just settlement cannot be obtained, we will take your case to court with experienced and aggressive litigators
What Sets Our Lawyers Apart?
- A Track Record of Success
- Backed by Decades of Experience
- Award-Winning Attorneys
- Individualized Attention
The Opinions That Matter Most
If I ever had a case that needed attention, Dan and Lorraine would be my first call, because I know that I can trust them.
“Professionally, I work with a large percentage of the Personal Injury attorneys in Colorado. Every single one of them knows, respects, trusts, and speaks highly of, Dan and Lorraine. They both have decades of experience, are leaders in the field of law, an”Jordan C.
Empathetic, reasonable, humble, and clearly an expert Alex R.
I am thrilled with the settlement that I got.
“From the moment I heard Attorney Koupal’s voice and heard his recommendations for my case, I knew that not only does he have integrity, but that he would go the extra mile for me as his client.”E.M., Former Client